Prevent Child Abuse
Anyone can and should report suspected child abuse or neglect.
If you think a child is mistreated, take immediate action.
When you call to make a report, you may remain anonymous.
If possible please have this information ready:
- The child’s name and location
- The name and relationship of the person you believe is abusing the child.
- What you have seen and heard regarding the abuse or neglect
- The names of any other people who might know about the abuse
- Your name and phone number (Voluntary)
How is Child Abuse defined in Iowa?
- Physical abuse
- Mental injury
- Sexual abuse
- Child prostitution
- Presence of illegal drugs in a child’s body
- Bestiality in the presence of a child
- Allows access to a registered sex offender
- Allows access to obscene materials
- Manufacturing or possession of a dangerous substance
We all can help prevent child abuse by recognizing the risk factors, protecting children who are at risk, and supporting families who are experiencing stressors. Reporting the situation may protect the child and get additional help for the family.
Protecting Children is Everyone’s Business